Friday, February 5, 2010

Nya-mi ya-mi in my tummy!

Welcome to my blog! Since this is my first post, I guess I should say a little about myself and why I even decided to do a blog.

Food is a big part of my life and I would love to say that eating is a daily indulgence. However, I'm very picky about what I eat. I have my likes and dislikes and I stand by them. A good example is fried rice. Many restaurants like to use green onions in their fried rice and I can understand why. They provide a distinct aroma that's hard to achieve otherwise. However, I can't stand the texture. The inner part is just too slimy for my liking. Most wouldn't think it's possible, but I can easily spit out each an every green onion that enters my mouth by mistake, no matter how ingrained into a dish it may be. Not a pretty picture, so instead, I usually pick out each and every itty bitty bit of green onion in my fried rice before I indulge. It's pretty amusing the reaction I get from friends and family whose never seen me do it before! lol~ At this point, you're probably wondering why I don't save myself the trouble and order the rice w/out the onions. There's several answers to this question: (1) I forget, (2) I don't feel the need to deprive others of green onions just because I don't like it, and (3) Like I mentioned before, there's a distinct aroma that almost makes green onions a necessity.

Anyways, my main point is that I love food and I'm always searching for the perfect version of any and every dish. I think that food has to be deliciously enjoyable or else eating just becomes an everyday chore.

I've always been a little wary about starting my own food blog, especially when so many already exist. But I figure, why not? Either my words will become ceaseless ramblings or an opinion that actually matters. Life's too short to dwell on such small details ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment