Wednesday, February 17, 2010

02/17/2010 - Fujiya

What was ordered:

Scallop Roll - lettuce, mayo, scallop - wrapped in seaweed & rice - and topped w. masago

The Verdict:

For $5, it's not bad.

The rice was a little too soggy for my liking and for the rice to filling ratio, there was just a little too much rice. But it came with 8 pieces and the roll was quite large. The flavor was a little bland - but that's where the wasabi and soya sauce comes in. The amount of mayo used was just right and the scallops tasted good. (It's a little hard to tell with small scallops... as long as it doesn't have a BAD flavor, I assume it's all good LOL~~ especially in rolls w. mayo, I never expect it to taste sweet, like the larger scallops should in nigiri sushi). But I think the masago stood out the most for me, it didn't have an ounce of bitterness to it ^^.

Fujiya, take-out
1050 W. Pender Street
Vancouver, BC
(604)608-1050

No comments:

Post a Comment